There is something about stripes that will never go out of style. Large or small, vertical or horizontal, colored or neutral, there will always be stripes for everyone. They have the opportunity to create a very classic style, which can be done easily if you keep it simple. Here are some tips for keeping stripes classy.
1. Begin with a dress you love. I chose a sheath dress because it is a figure flattering style. It also is a versatile piece that can go from office attire to night time with ease!
2. Pair it with white pointed toe heels. I am a fan of this style of shoe as it is the perfect shoe to class up a look. The pointed toe creates a flattering illusion of length to the body and the white is a basic crisp and fresh color. The combination creates a whole new level of sophistication.
3. Pair it with a classic white handbag. This Lulus Love Lock handbag is only $44 and is the perfect everyday summer bag. I’ve been finding so many ways to wear it, because it comes with a crossbody strap. I only wish I had it in Taupe too!
4. Add a skinny belt to the mix. Skinny belts are great for accentuating a waist line. When working with horizontal stripes, it is especially great to close in on the illusion of a waist.
5. Pair it with a fitted blazer. To finish off the look or accompany your outfit with something for the evening breeze, a classic white blazer will do the trick.
Having a heart time deciding on what type of stripes do you go for? Horizontal stripes can be particularly tricky when trying to create a slimmer figure, but it can be done! The wider the stripes, the wider you’ll look. Narrow stripes will usually be more flattering.
If you’re looking for a finishing touch, wear a pop of colored lip stick! Red lips or dark pink will be the perfect touch to a classy look!
What I’m Wearing: Purse – Lulu’s | Dress – Calvin Klein | Blazer – Anne Klein | Heels – Top Shop