Today’s post is very dear to my heart because it is much more than fashion. This is not your everyday style post, my friends. I would never have imagined in this blogging journey that I would be connected with brands that make a life-changing impact. Ones that move my heart and stir an emotional response to do something to make a difference. I never imagined that I would have the opportunity to support beautiful causes and impact the lives of women across the world. Today I highlight the brand Elegantees, whose mission is to bring hope and restoration to survivors of sex trafficking.
In the heart of Nepal where sex trafficking runs rampant, Elegantees offers an opportunity for these women to heal from the trauma of their experiences by providing them with stable sewing jobs. Each shirt you buy is handmade by a sex trafficking survivor and goes to fund jobs for more women who deserve the same opportunity.
It touched my heart deeply when I opened my package from Elegantees to find that my shirt was made by a woman named Gita, who was rescued out of trafficking and now has hope for a new, restored life. Seeing her name handwritten on the tag really impacted me. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about what many women like Gita must go through, and how few truly life-changing opportunities they have available to them, which is why I am honored to support this cause. Every woman deserves an opportunity to shine the light inside of them and be confident in who they are as individuals.
A white tee is one of my closet staples. I can never be without one or two in my closet at a time. It’s my wardrobe’s best friend. It can be dressed up or down and has me looking effortlessly chic in no time.
Elegantees’ Ella tee is a very comfortable, relaxed fitted t-shirt (for reference I’m wearing size XS). What I love even more about this white tee is the criss-cross straps in the back separate it from what you will find anywhere else. It’s truly one of a kind, not only in the design but most importantly in the freedom it represents.
- Pair it with denim. I absolutely love the fresh look of denim and white. It’s classic and will never go out of style.
- Add a “third” piece. Haven’t heard of the “third piece rule” in fashion? Adding a third piece like a moto jacket or blazer will instantly class up your style game.
- Finish it off with a statement piece. I love adding statement pieces, especially to simple outfits. Whether it be a bag, shoes, or a statement necklace, there is something for everybody to add extra flair to your white tee.
How you can help make a difference:
- Learn more about how Elegantees is restoring lives, one tee at a time, by watching this short video, and educate yourself about human trafficking here.
- Shop from the exclusive Style Miss Molly collection where you can find this beautiful white tee along with many others. Elegantees is generously offering my readers 20% off with the code MOLLY. I know you’ll love the soft fabrics as much as I do and you’ll be helping women rebuild their lives, making an important social statement to complete your bold fashion statement.
Please share this important cause with your friends and family on social media using the icons below! We have the chance to make a huge impact one tee at a time.
*This post was sponsored by Elegantees, but all opinions in this blog post are my own! I have a heart to share this brand and would never recommend something I didn’t love!
Necklace: The beautiful necklace I’m wearing is a keeper from my Rocksbox! Haven’t heard of them? It’s an amazing jewelry subscription service to get gorgeous gems like this! Use my code “stylemissmollyxoxo” to get your first month free.
Photo Credit // Samantha Weissbach Photography