Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by COMPEED®. All opinions are mine alone and as promised, I always give you an honest review!
I was recently asked by a good friend of mine, “How do you wear heels all the time? Don’t your feet hurt?!” To answer her question fairly, they absolutely do. I have to face the inevitable and realize my feet are bound to encounter blisters at some point from all the cute heels I am obsessed with wearing. I mean, I’m pretty sure I was born in heels, so I have to figure out how to wear them without pain! Between summer cocktail parties, vacations or catching up with friends on summer evenings and weekends, my goal is to be prepared when these unexpected and not-so-fun blisters occur. I’ve found a lot of ways that help my feet feel great when wearing them. From how to buy comfortable heels to my life-saving strategy of what to do when your feet hurt, I share these tips with you. From one heel loving girl to another, I understand your pain and have you covered!
When you get blister and you’re out-and-about, you have options. You can embrace the pain and suffer, which I’ve totally done before and was entirely miserable. You can also take your shoes off (also guilty of under completely desperate circumstance) but this isn’t really a practical option either, is it? Instead of either, you can pick up COMPEED Blister Cushions. Trust me when I say these are your friends.
Ironically, the day I got my blister cushions from Walgreens (the only place they are available at) I was breaking in a pair of new heels and got a blister. Yes, even after all of my “finding the right shoe” tips it still happened! There’s nothing worse than that feeling of a blister forming on the back of your ankle in the middle of the day when there’s nothing you can do about it. My feet thanked me for the great timing, because I was able to stick on these cushions for immediate relief!
I call these my second skin. Not only do they look like skin with how well it blends into my natural skin, but it adheres so well when I press firmly and stayed on for a couple of days. The special hydrocolloid technology keeps the germs out, the moisture in, all while protecting those nerve endings causing all the pain! In the past, I’ve tried plain adhesive bandages to save my blisters in a pinch, but they don’t cushion and always bunch up and fall off. How frustrating! Thankfully, I’ve found happier alternatives. They’re also great for preventing blisters; next time I get a new pair of shoes, I’m definitely putting COMPEED on while I break them in.
6 Tips for keeping your feet feeling great:
- Give your feet a break. I love wearing heels. All day every day. I joke about being born with heels on because of how much I love to wear them. With that said, it is not practical to wear them all the time so I have to give my feet a break. Sometimes this means putting the heels away for casual errands on the weekends.
- Choose shoes that fit. My number one tip when trying on shoes is: don’t shop by size. Not all shoes are made equal and therefore it is crucial to buy the right size. Sometimes this means going a half size up or down. Either way, be prepared to try on multiple pairs to find the right fit for your foot.
- Try them on and walk around in the store. Choose a heel height you are comfortable and pay attention to how your toes fit in the shoe. Don’t expect them to stretch after they break in (I’ve been so guilty of this!) I recommend shopping at the end of the day when your feet are more swollen. This will give your feet a more practical feel to how you will be when you are wearing them out.
- Avoid cheap shoes. One higher quality pair is way better than three cheap ones. Shoes are worth the investment and will not only last longer with this mentality, but your feet will thank you!
- Break in the shoe slowly. When I first get a pair of heels I don’t plan on wearing them all day. Not only do I not know how my feet will react to them, but I want to give them a change to break in. Generally a few hours is long enough for me to break them in the first time.
- When all else fails… COMPEED Blister Cushions. My favorite part about these cushions is how compact they are and easily fit into my clutch or summer tote. If you ask me what’s in my purse right now, I’ll show you these cushions. I always carry them because I never know when a blister is going to occur when I’m out and about. I feel better off knowing I can relieve and prevent pain in an instant!
Summer is still in full swing and you can be prepared to keep all the summer fun with a style and a smile with these COMPEED Blister Cushions. They are only available at Walgreens stores and at www.walgreens.com. The medium size is perfect for the back of my heel (that seems to be the most prone to blisters). Europeans have been using these for years and they have finally have made it’s way to the U.S. so that we can be blessed with happy feet too!
I’d love to hear, what tips do you have for keeping your feet happy?