One of my favorite things about fashion is that it varies from one fashionista to another. Today I’m collaborating with one of my favorite boss ladies, Erica, from Coming Up Roses, to show you two different looks that inspire inner confidence. Erica chose her power-piece to be this darling hot pink romper. For a completely different point of view, I chose this little black dress from HER. Boutique. Immediately you can see a contrast of color and style between our two outfits, but guess what?! I love them BOTH and the important part is how we each feel while wearing it.
What makes it a power-piece?
There are three key things I look for when picking out an outfit that will always give me the confidence I’m going for. A power-piece must meet these three standards first. I call these standards the Three F’s.
- Does it fit? Ladies, you know what I’m talking about when I say, “Fit can make or break an outfit.” Get it tailored if you need to, but fit should always be one of your priorities when trying on clothing. It’s hard to feel confidence in something that simply does not fit you correctly!
- Is it flattering? Just because it fits doesn’t always make it flattering. Sometimes it fits you in all the right places, but the shape or the color happen to be completely wrong for you. A go-to confidence piece will not only flatter your figure, but also flatter your face by helping you look good and feel good. For me, that means sticking with a figure flattering midi dress and sticking with black and a pop of color! How can you resist that Kate Spade turquoise purse?
- Does it make you feel fabulous? One of my main rules in fashion is: “If you don’t love it, don’t wear it!” Wearing what you love is certainly one of the most important aspects of a piece that inspires confidence. Dresses take up over half my closet so it’s no surprise that a dress will be my power-piece. When I think of a go-to piece it has to be timeless as much as it effortless. I love LBD’s because they can easily thrown on in a pinch and styled easily with minimal accessories.
Confidence Boosting Affirmations:
Let’s remember where confidence truly starts – from the inside! Regardless of what you’re wearing, you’re going to want to face the day with a positive attitude ready to take on anything. One of my favorite ways to do this is through daily morning affirmations. Give yourself a little pep-talk before you walk out the door by saying one or all of these out loud:
- I am unique and one of a kind.
- I believe in myself and my abilities.
- I am loved by my dear friends and family.
- I am beautiful because of my kind heart.
- I am strong enough to handle anything that comes my way.
- I am driven and persistent to continue even when it’s hard.
- I can do anything I set my mind to.
- I am passionate enough to pursue what I love.
- The possibilites of what I am capable of are endless.
- I am ready to face the day in confidence!
I’d love to hear, what’s your go-to outfit for boosting your confidence!
Don’t forget to check out Eric’s confidence boosting piece and tips over at Coming Up Roses. If you love my inspirational posts and fashion posts, I’m sure you’ll love Erica as much as I do. She has an amazing heart, GREAT sense of style, and is an overall complete #GIRLBOSS! Also, follow her on Instagram for some additional daily inspiration!
Dress: HER. Boutique LBD (only $42) Use code MISSMOLLY20 to 20% off your entire order!
Photo Credit // S. Weissbach Photography