We all have those days when you wake up in the morning and have no idea what to wear. I know, I’ve been there more times than I’d like to admit. My secret to these days is a closet staple and lifesaver – a white tee. A white tee will always be my default on these days, because it creates a simple base for my outfit that I can easily expand on. With limitless possibilities of what to pair it with, I have found my white tee to be at the top of my list for closet staples. This Z-Supply white tee is only $28 from HER. Boutique, which many of you know I’m a brand ambassador for. Because of that, I’ve partnered with them to give you 20% off this tee and everything else online with the code MISSMOLLY20. Today, in addition to 4 reasons why you need a white tee, I’m sharing ten chic ways to style your white tee. Enjoy!
Without a doubt, a white t-shirt will be one of the most versatile pieces you will ever own. It can be dressed up or down for work or play and worn with nearly everything in your closet! Don’t believe me? Read on for ten ways to style your white tee. The possibilities are limitless!
By far one of my favorite things about white t-shirts is that they can be worn during all four of the seasons. Because of it’s unique ability to pair with the majority of your closet, you will find your white tee being a closet staple year long.
One of my favorite “rules” in fashion that I love to adhere to is the “third-piece” rule. This rule takes your street style to the next level by adding a third element for intrigue. Your pants and top are generally your first piece, and the third piece will be a vest, sweater, jacket, blazer, or scarf. I fully believe that there are no rules in fashion, but a white tee will essential for layering and making this “rule” possible!
I never knew a white tee could be so soft and comfortable until I got this one from HER. Boutique. Thankfully it comes in 7 other colors, so I may just have to stock up on my colored tees this fall. I’m always looking for tees for layering and this comfortable tee is has all the features I’m looking for including the perfect length and rounded hemline, a cute over-sized pocket, and a chic V-neck neckline.
10 Ways to Style Your White Tee
- Denim – When in doubt, go for the always classic combination of jeans and a white tee. If there was one look I had to wear every day for the rest of my life, this would be the one. You will never go wrong with this combination, especially if you add a chic pair of heels!
- Boyfriend jeans – Yes, still denim, but a little more casual, boyfriend jeans brings out the casual weekend vibes we all know and love. A little relaxed is always fun and if it’s your style, a little distressing makes for a trendy flair. Pair it with your favorite flats and a tote and you are ready to rock the weekend in chic style an comfort.
- Blazers – Jeans and a blazer, shorts and a blazer, or a pant suit — you name it! A white tee will be your best friend under any classic blazer you own.
- All white – This is one of my favorite, trending looks and can be achieved easily with a little help from a white tee.
- Skirts– Often I find those amazing skirts that I want to keep the attention on. Whether it be a pleated maxi skirt, a lace pencil skirt, a fun printed skirt or a leather mini skirt, your white tee will your savior in keeping the skirt the star of the outfit!
- Plaid – As your layering go-to, a white tee is yet again a great option for pairing underneath your flannels for fall.
- Statement necklace – This is the perfect accessory to dressing up your white tee with a little fun! I love how a statement necklace can make my outfit go from simple to fun with just one accessory!
- Cardigans – As we transition into fall I’m still finding it cooler in the mornings, but warm in the afternoons. Cardigans are my go-to for layering. Lately I’ve been finding long cardigans my favorite, but long or short, a white tee is the perfect option to pair underneath.
- Moto-jacket – Have I mentioned how much I love moto-jackets? I have vegan leather jackets in 6 colors and a white tee makes the perfect addition to this edgy look.
- Black and white – As evident by my look in this post, if I had to choose between pairing my white tee with black or denim, black comes in a close second.
I’d love to hear from you! What’s your favorite way to style a white tee?
White tee: HER. Boutique.
Photo Credit // Samantha Weissbach Photography